Frequently Asked Questions
How old do I have to be to volunteer?
- Due to the nature of the horses on our farm who have been abused and neglected, the MSSPA has strict age restrictions.
- You must be 16 to volunteer without an adult.
- Volunteers under 16 are required to have a waiver signed by their legal guardian.
- Volunteers under 16 must be accompanied by an adult co-volunteer at all times.
What is required before I can volunteer?
- The MSSPA has a volunteer application process which includes
- A formal written or online application
- Application review
- Meet and greet at the farm to discuss the work at hand
- Reference check
- Formal volunteer orientation